Fun fact about Champagne
* The shallow champagne glass originated with Marie Antoinette. It was first formed from wax moulds made of her breasts!
* Bubbles in Champagne were seen by early wine makers as a highly undesirable defect to be prevented.
* There are roughly 44 million tiny bubbles in a bottle of sparkling wine.
* A cork will escape a bottle of sparkling wine at 38-40 mph.
* Dom Perignon invented the mushroom shaped cork and wire cage that allowed champagne to be safely bottled. Previous attempts had all ended with popped corks.
* According to scientist Bill Lembeck there are approximately 49 million bubbles in a bottle of Champagne.
* The word Champagne means “white chalky plain”.
* Manufacturers of champagne can only be labeled champagne if the wine is produced in the Champagne region of France.
* A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.