Fun fact about Champagne
* The shallow champagne glass originated with Marie Antoinette. It was first formed from wax moulds made of her breasts!
* A cork will escape a bottle of sparkling wine at 38-40 mph.
* Dom Perignon invented the mushroom shaped cork and wire cage that allowed champagne to be safely bottled. Previous attempts had all ended with popped corks.
* According to scientist Bill Lembeck there are approximately 49 million bubbles in a bottle of Champagne.
* The word Champagne means “white chalky plain”.
* A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.